We consider the teaching of children to be very important. Children belong to God, and it is a wonderful privilege to teach them of His great love for them.
Our Kid's Church leaders are committed Christians, who are dedicated to teaching children about Jesus in a fun and friendly setting. At Kid's Church we sing songs, play games, create things, and most importantly, learn from the Bible.
Children join in adult church for the first little bit to see the Kid's talk, then we all walk to the nearby Kid's Church rooms and separate into our age groups. Kid's Church is for children between the ages of 0 - Year 8. The age groups are divided into
- Creche: 0-2 years - this is a supervised playtime for babies and toddlers. Creche provides a place where babies can make noise and play without being a distraction to adults in the church service.You are able to use this room to feed and change your baby.
- Toddler Church: 2-3 year olds - weintroduce toddlers to Bible stories, songs and games in a fun way that helps them to make the transition between creche and Kids Church.
- Preschoolers: 3-5 year olds - children learn more Bible stories and biblical concepts, they learn about prayer, and about sharing and caring for others.
- K-2-5: Kinder to year 5 - School age kids follow the same teaching program as adult church. They participate in games, sing, learn memory verses,discuss a short part of the Bible and pray together.
- Youth Church: Year 6 to Year 8 - this program aims to transition young adults from Kids church into Adult church. The youth learn about God's purposes for them, and think about how they can live as Christians in this world.
If your child is new to Kid's church, there are a few things you can do to help them to settle in:
- There is a registration form for each child, to be filled out by parents / guardians. As well as helping us to get to know your child, it ensures that the leaders are aware of any special requirements individual children may have. This is part of our "duty of care" and also ensures that Kid's Church is a safe and happy time for all children.
- Please clearly label all your children's belongings (drinkbottles, snack containers etc.)
- Creche children settle more easily with a little snack. Please pack a small amount of food and a drinkbottle.
- Toddler church begins with morning tea for the children. Please pack a small snack (fruit, crackers, etc. ) and water in a drink bottle.
- Preschoolers also eat morning tea together. Please provide a snack and a drink.
After the main church meeting, there is also more morning tea food provided on a separate table at the back of the hall.